Skip to main content

Ek Chhoti Si Love Story!!!

There was something that was making the 2nd yr Mechanical guys overwhelmingly exhilarated. The new faces were beginning to come in sight and evenings and class breaks (count that as the full day) were being spent at the RMC. Wondering what is RMC? Well it has a public name as The Royal Mechanical Community, but actually it opens up as the Randwa Milan Chowk in reply to the Piya MilanChowk (PMC). Randwa is a term used in BIT and many other colleges to denote the guys who don’t have girlfriends. So actually it encompasses the entire Mechanical branch barring a few exceptions. He too was there. After all he was a mechie to the core.

Just when he was about to get back to the hostel after finishing off the day’s chores (analyzing the new female faces) he came across a face he had seen earlier. “Oh I know this girl” he uttered and turned to find that all his friends were looking at the same face with those licentious eyes (u can’t blame them, mechies yaar-it’s in their blood). And when they learned that he had ways to contact that girl he was no less than a celebrity. Days passed and everyday he would see that face, admire it and get back to the hostel. Months passed by. He would call himself a BOND but when it came to approaching the girls he had all the problems in the world. A semester passed by. “What a fattu” his friends would exclaim. No, he just could not muster the courage to walk up to her and say “Hi, You remember me?” He loathed the idea. Such a silly way to strike off a conversation. He won’t do this. Not in his life. He had never approached a girl in his life. He would never do. His school mates had known him for his so called ATTITUDE towards the girls. So he dropped the very idea of talking to her and found it much more comfortable watching her with a sip of coffee.

Classes got over at 11.20 am and as usual the entire mechanical had assembled at the RMC. The girl too had come to get a notebook and a few chocolates. Just then his roomie whispered into his ears. “Come on, talk to her. She is your schoolmate yaar.” He could not refuse after the strenuous persuasion which followed and a few moments later he was found following her thinking of a novel and innovative way of introducing himself. After all he was known for his bakar!!! “Excuse me”. A face turned and he forgot all he had thought and finally managed to say:”Hi, Remember me?” Oh God. He abhorred himself for what he had uttered. Now the conversation follows:

Girl (with a smile, she was munching a chocolate): Yeah, I do remember you. How are you?

Him (relieved): I am fine. Heard that u have topped your batch.

Girl (blushing): No, no. Just 8.something…

Him (a bit more confident now): Yeah, 8 pointers are called toppers here.

And then a pause followed. The girl, sensing the uneasiness he was going through ,offered the chocolate she was munching. But etiquette intervened and he said “No, Thanks”

“Ok see you later, bye” was all she had to offer as she turned back on her way.

Meanwhile the rendezvous had a few curious spectators and a girl offering chocolate at the very first meeting was considered as a major feat!!! Congratulations and bantering persisted. The hostel waited with more of this teasing. He was happy.

Few days later when he was waiting in the lobby for the lecture to begin, he found a group of girls strolling past the mechanical lobby. As usual they were greeted with the hooting and some comments.But as the group neared in, someone from the mob exclaimed” Are ye to Aashu ki m**l hai. Kyu madam aaj chocolate nahi dijiyega kya?” Someone else came up with a “Namaste Bhabhi Ji”. ” Ah, there goes my eternal love story” he thought and fled from the scene. But he had seen the expression of disgust on her face. He would never be able to face her again.

Next time they crossed each other he had plenty of other things to look around. The story ahead would be narrated by our very own Munnabhai MBBS:

“Woh raat apun do baje tak peeya.

Sapna toota hai to dil kabhi jalta hai’

Haan thoda dard hua par chalta hai.”

Moral of the story: Love is divine ……….too divine to be handled by devils like us.

Hail Mechanical!!!

Comments

debanjali said…
dat ws 2 gud aashu..........u shud hv bn a writer instead of a mechanical engineer......in fact al ur posts r fab
Saanjh said…
cool post !!

if the protagonist is u ..then im really surprised knowing that ur hanging out at RMC whereas PMC is actually the place u ,of all people, r supposed to be hanging out at !!

keep up the good job ..
Unknown said…
beta kya tumhe bit ka trend nahin pata ???yahan mechies ko ladki patana allowed nahin hai....they r just meant to .......the girls(got it na?)...ab galti karoge to saza to milegi hi..aise tumne mujhe batya nahin kaun thi woh??? nam...?? ya abhi.....??? hostel mein bata diya jaye.....
Rohit Prateek said…
saale ... agar hum galat nahi hain to woh ladki ka naam mere ko pata hai...baat dein kya yahan pe
Gammafunction said…
head in a tizzy after reading this post..is it possible to get drunk on your blog posts? :-) how come mechies are all so Randwa everywhere? and yeah really intrigued about who the girl is...batchmate of ours??
Ankita said…
don't you think we often over-rate the 'divinity' of love?

Popular posts from this blog

A page from an Automobile Engineer's Diary

“Hmm”….The doctor gave a gentle nod as he scanned the anatomy of my lungs which lay glowing in front of him thanks to William Roentgen. I looked on helplessly as a student dreading to hear the word “FAIL” from his class teacher. The doctor put down the spectacles on the table and began – “Seems you have been enjoying your freedom over here too much, too much of smoking and drinking going on?” I was caught unaware at such a stark remark but then the Hindi film dialogue echoed in my ears “You should never lie to your doctor and lawyer”. I confessed sheepishly and the doctor carried on. “You have asthmic bronchitis and you need to quit smoking immediately. I am writing you some medicines. Have them for a week and then we will meet to see the improvement.” I nodded gently and as I started to open the door the doctor intervened with his fat finger wagging at me “Remember, NO SMOKING”. “Yeah Yeah NO SMOKING “ I tried to imitate, much to the surprise of the secretary who sat outside for the b

Johaar Jharkhand!!!

"Are bhai rukiye na,kaahe albalaye hue hain. ek ek k karke na milega tikatwa sabko" I could hear the ticket collector for the bus plying from Jamshedpur to Ranchi vent out his frustration as various 100 rupee notes tried to poke into his nose. I could not help but smile at the words ,the dialect ,the place. I knew I was back to the land I had started from. And for some reason it gave me an innate sense of relief. So I went ahead and shamelessly joined the crowd in poking a 100 rupee note into the ticket collector's nose."Ek ticket idhar dena bhaiya; Aage ka seat dena". For the moment I had forgotten the more civilised method of getting things done by queing up or the luxuries of online reservation system I was so used to.I knew my land and how to get things done here. This 'poking the 'thing' into the nose' tactic was ingeniuosly brought to use by us in college days when we had to get our "NO DUES" done before every semester. When there

My Tryst with eggs!!!

Scene I, Ranchi: “Promise me , You’ll have two boiled eggs everyday for breakfast before leaving for the plant.” My mother was virtually in tears as she stuffed my travel bag with almost everything edible she could find. On earlier occasions I would audit the packing she would carry out religiously and do away with superfluous eatables.” Less luggage, more comfort” I am a firm believer…Unfortunately my mother isn’t. This time she was not even ready to let me have a look, leave alone the screening. And she had reasons strong enough. I was leaving for Pune after two months of medical leave at home and somehow the doctor had managed to convince my parents that the reason for my prolonged ailment was my carelessness towards diet. So I had been through long sessions on what to eat ,how to cook etc. Unfortunately this time around my mother had the support of everyone else in the family. And I had to abide by. Scene II, Pune: Day-Thursday, Time:11 am. I am off my bed wandering in my apartment